Unicorn Studio is seeking a talented, experienced, and collaborative Senior Animation Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animations. The role requires an eye for cinematography and an understanding how to frame action sequences. You’ll work closely with the design team to develop, define and maintain high-end cinematic animations.
- Animate a diverse range of characters and creatures that support unique and dynamic gameplay.
- Using key frame and possibly a combination of motion capture techniques to bring characters, weapons, vehicles and props to life.
- Work with tech to define and improve our animation pipeline.
- Collaborate with production to set realistic expectations for quality animation creation.
- Consistently communicate with the team by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team.
- Use your extensive expertise in animation to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional keyframe 3D animation experience in game development, television, or VFX/film.
- Highly skilled in all areas of 3D animation and have strong understanding of animation principles.
- Proficiency animating in Maya, MotionBuilder or similar software package.
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay in relation to animation.
- Experience in cinematography and camera work.
- Able to filter and evaluate artistic critiques on a professional level.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development in regards to animation support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with Unity development.
- 1 shipped AAA game as a senior animator.
- Experience in FX and particle animation.
- Excellent 2D animation skills.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art.