Unicorn Studio is looking for a talented, creative, and collaborative Senior Character Concept Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and films. The ideal candidate should have a playful imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. They will be expected to take a seed of an idea and flesh out all aspects of the design.
- Working closely with Art Direction to create readyplayer one, semi-realistic sci-fi character concepts.
- Establish style by creating concept artwork, asset production designs, and graphics visually describing characters mainly, but may also help out with locations, props etc.
- Proficient in creating concept arts matching the style of the game or cinematic animation using various 2D, 3D or mixture of techniques.
- Use your extensive expertise in concepting for game/film development to ensure the production meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Create inspirational storyboards, sketches, layouts, color schemes and great clothing concepts.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Character Concept Artist in the gaming and/or VF/film industry.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state.
- Strong foundational skills including human/creature anatomy, form, proportions, silhouette as well as color theory, value, composition and scale.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development in regards to concept support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.