Unicorn Studio is seeking a highly-skilled Senior Human Resources Generalist. This position is an essential individual contributor role, and the ideal candidate will support a growing team and provide high-touch employee service. This role is a trusted advisor to our departmental leaders, partnering to build and strengthen their high-performing teams and ensuring we are making the right employee-related decisions. In addition, this role will support our employees as an advocate to help them grow and thrive.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance of mandatory and non-mandatory training and continuing education. Including safety and anti-harassment training and professional licensure.
- Administrates all human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; employee relations; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Oversees recruitment, conducts interviews and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department leaders to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Oversees all employee record keeping, including new employee data entry.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven record leading and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees.
- Experience working with and influencing senior leadership.
- Experience working with a contingent workforce population.
- This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively within support teams.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to craft complex communications to a variety of audiences and levels.
- Ability to translate business objectives/priorities into a corresponding people plan.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs.
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion.